Our Vision: Multi-ethnic, inner-city church glorifying God. Becoming united and spiritually mature. Changing lives through the gospel of Jesus Christ.
The mission of New Light Christian Church is to make disciples of Jesus Christ and teach them to obey His commandments. (Matthew 28:19-20)
1. GOSPEL: We are a church that believes the gospel of Jesus Christ is a power that creates a new life within ourselves, our families, our communities, and our world. (Romans 1:16-17; Colossians 1:5-6)
2. BE BEFORE WE DO: We are a church that slows down to be with Jesus. Our doing for Jesus flows out of from our being with Jesus. We are more concerned with who we are becoming. (Psalm 1:1-3; John 15:5)
3. UNITY: We are a church that believes God’s love breaks down racial, ethnic, socioeconomic, political, and cultural barriers, creates rich fellowship in doing life together, and brings unity through the power of the Gospel. (Acts 2:42-47; Galatians 3:28; Philippians 1:27-2:4)
4. CITY: We are a church that joins in God's ongoing work of reconciling all things to Himself here in Seattle. We seek to empower others to show the love of God by being faithfully present in Seattle, being engaged in the specific needs and concerns of our neighborhoods, and addressing the reasons for the inequalities present in our community. (Jeremiah 29:4-7; Micah 6:8; Colossians 1:20)
5. MULTIETHNIC: We value the racial and socioeconomic diversity of our city, and have a particular heart for the empowering of ethnic minority ministry leaders and church planters. (Revelation 7:9-17)